If you wonder what a corner fish tank means and how it differs from any large aquarium, you have landed at the right place. Many people love to have fish as their pets, for which they buy aquariums, but many people don’t know the right kind of aquarium to choose for their house.
Some people have aquariums simply because they are fond of having fishes and other water organisms, whereas some people keep it as a showpiece to enhance the beauty and decor of their houses.
But having a pet requires a lot of patience and maintenance. So if you want an aquarium that is classy, adds to the aesthetics of your house, and is super convenient to use at the same time, then corner fish tanks are the best option for you. They are comparatively smaller in size and do not occupy much space too.
Later in this article, we will discuss how to choose the right kind of corner fish tank for your house and the best options available. This will be a complete guide for beginners who are looking for the best corner fish tank.
Cheap & Good
Saim corner fish tank
6.5 Gallon aquarium kit by Koller products
Koller products aqua view fish tank
6.3 x 5.91 x 1.97 inches
18 x 11 x 13.5 inches
9.5 x 9.5 x 11.25 inches
What does a Corner Fish Tank mean?
Well, a corner fish tank is nothing but a curved glass wedge-shaped aquarium. These corner fish tanks are made from acrylic or glass material and give a crystal clear view of the fishes inside the water tank. It totally depends upon you as to which species you would like to keep in your corner tank. It could be either marine or freshwater species.
These corner fish tanks are usually smaller than the regular tanks, which is why they are slightly less expensive. Corner tanks are usually of 10 to 15 gallons capacity. Some are 30 gallons too.
However, the price of corner tanks may vary as per the quality and features. Corner tanks that come along with a good lighting stand or cabinet, etc., might be a Little expensive, ranging from 400 dollars and more.
Why should I choose a Corner Aquarium?
When there are multiple Aquarium options available, then why should you choose a corner tank? Here’s why it’s a better option to have a corner fish tank instead of large aquariums:
- Decent sized:
Not many people are fond of large aquariums. However, they love having fishes as their pets. So a corner aquarium is a perfect solution for those who prefer small aquariums since corner tanks are decent sized and don’t occupy much of your house space.
- Gives a subtle look to the corner of your house:
The corner fish tank would enhance the beauty of your house by adding an extra element and will give a subtle look to the corner of your house. If your corner is dark and boring, this will add to the house’s overall aesthetics, making it look bright and classy.
- Safe for beginners:
If you are a beginner and want to have fishes as your pets, then corner fish tanks are the ultimate solution for you. These are easy and convenient to handle.
Large aquariums occupy a lot of space and require a lot of time and effort for maintenance. Corner fish tanks are safe for beginners as they don’t hold a lot of fish-keeping equipment.
Now that it’s clear why corner tanks are a better option, the next question that arises is which size is ideal for a corner fish tank?
Well, a 30-gallon fish tank is considered to be the best size. The 30-gallon aquarium is neither too big nor too small. It is an amazing alternative to large aquariums. It doesn’t require too much space and also provides enough space for your fishes to roam around. You can also keep snails, crabs, host shrimps, exotic fish species in a 30-gallon fish tank usually found in large commercial aquariums.
The best Corner Fish Tanks in 2023
Here’s the beginner’s guide for purchasing the appropriate corner fish tank for your house.
Let’s discuss the best corner fish tanks in 2023:
- Dimensions: 6.3 x 5.91 x 1.97 inches
- Weight: 13.8 ounces
- Color: The color of the aquarium LED light is blue, and the normal color is somewhat light blue.
The Saim corner fish tank is an acrylic aquarium tank that comes with a light for goldfish, betta small fish, etc. It is made up of clear acrylic and has a LED light which makes the view crystal clear. Along with the above information, this Aquarium also Comes with an LED light design and a 3*AAA battery ( not included).
- This is widely used for keeping small tropical fish, betta fish/ good fish, and small breeding fishes.
- As the fishbowl is designed in a semi-circle way, you can easily put it on the corner wall of your house. This also saves a lot of space.
- The LED light gives a subtle night effect to the aquarium.
- It is a perfect decor option for office desks, bedrooms, cafes, bars, restaurants, etc., making us look full of vitality.
- The blue light might be a little too much for everyday use.
- Dimensions: 17.32 x 16.14 x 17.72 inches
- Weight: 8.75 lbs
- Size: 3 gallons
- Color: The color of the aquarium is black and has white LED lights
Apart from this, the Aqueon tri scape aquarium kit comes with a setup guide for people who don’t know corner tanks. The Aqueon tri scape LED aquarium is a triangular-shaped fish tank from the brand Aqueon. It has a modern style and structure to make the corner of your house very bright, modern, and stylish at the same time. The LED white lights attached to the aquarium are concealed.
- This aquarium includes internal filters, food and water care samples, concealed LED hood, small carbon cartridge.
- The best part of this fish tank is that it provides a wide view from different angles, making it different from other fish tanks.
- The elevated base of the aquarium adds a contemporary look, and the LED white lights give an illuminating effect.
- Easy to set up and use.
- The lights are too bright and are sometimes unpleasant to watch.
- The filter is very loud and is not suitable for a small crown tail with long fins.
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 9.5 x 11.25 inches
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Size: 2.5 gallons
- Color: The upper cap is black, and the entire tank is transparent. LED lights have 7 colors.
The Koller products aqua view one of the best-selling aquariums. It is a 2.5-gallon fish tank with LED lighting and a power filter. The product retails for 38.48$ and has a rectangular shape. Apart from this, the product comes with an impact-resistant plastic that provides a leak-proof assurance and an internal power filter to keep your fishes healthy.
- The aquarium is designed in a way that makes it look trendy, easy to set up and maintain.
- Has complete filtration.
- The LED lights are energy-efficient and come with seven dazzling color selections. You are free to choose your favorite color according to the day or night.
- It has optimum viewing and gives good clarity.
- It also comes with a built-in light timer which makes the Product unique.
- Slightly more expensive
- People might face problems while fitting the filter with the lid.
- Dimensions: 16.6 x 11.2 x 13.2 inches
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Size: 5 gallons
- Color: black
The Tetra crescent acrylic aquarium has a curved front which is perfect for goldfish and tropical fishes. It is a perfectly sized fish tank for your bedrooms, living room, or dining rooms. Apart from this, the product comes with Tetra whisper internal power filter. This filter not only keeps your tank clean but also provides a healthy environment for the fishes.
- This fish tank contains hidden LED lights inside the black cover, which makes it unique.
- It gives you an unobstructed view of the water inside the tank.
- It is a perfect corner fish tank for your bedrooms and living rooms.
- This aquarium has an effortless way of its own that makes you enjoy the water vibe and aquatic paradise.
- The medium bio bag filter cartridges are pre-assembled, quick, and easy to use.
- The carbon technology absorbs all the odors and discoloration.
- The filter that comes with the aquarium is a bit bulky, the rest all is good.
- Dimensions: 18 x 11 x 13.5 inches
- Weight: 5.8 lbs
- Size: 6.5 gallons
- Color: black
This fish tank is designed in a way that is appropriate for children. Through this, your children not only enjoy the company of fishes but also understand the responsibility of pet ownership. This is a beautiful-looking fish tank by Koller products with amazing quality and has a good water storage capacity of 6.5 gallons. Apart from this, the product comes with an internal power filter that helps in the purification of water and removes all the impurities such as discoloration, heavy metals, organic pollutants, odors, toxic gases, etc., at a flow of 45 gallons per hour.
- Gives you the fun and rewarding experience of having water pets.
- Glass tanks are not glued with silicone, and the impact-resistant plastic provides clear water and assurance from leakage.
- Easy to use and implement
- Perfect starter corner fish tank for home.
- The classic color of the fish tank makes it worth buying, and you also get multiple color options which gives a pleasant atmosphere to the organisms.
- The filter at times makes awful noises.
How do I choose the best Corner Fish Tank?
Now that we have a vast idea about the variety of fish tanks, here’s buyers guide about what features to look for when choosing a Corner Fish Tank for your house
The material of the tank plays a major role while choosing the right kind of corner fish tank. If the material is of bad quality, you won’t get desired results. There are mostly two common materials ideal for a corner fish tank – acrylic and glass material. However, a glass aquarium is always prone to leakage and breakage. Usually, people opt for acrylic aquariums as they are more durable and sturdy than glass ones.
The ideal size for a corner fish tank is 30 gallons. Especially if you are a beginner looking for a decent-sized aquarium, then 30 gallons is the right size to choose. It is reasonable but not very huge to carry or handle. It’s neither very tiny nor very large. 30-gallon fish tanks are mostly preferred by aquarists. Therefore, whether a beginner or experienced, 30-gallon corner fish tanks are the best ones to opt for.
If you are fond of bright lighting and vibrant colors in your house, then lighting is an important factor to consider while purchasing the corner fish tank. Few aquariums come with multiple color options. They hold an LED light at the top, which has a set of colors. So you can make your choice accordingly as per your taste and preferences.
Corner Fish Tanks are available in different shapes and sizes. There are many different types of corner fish tanks for keeping different fishes and water organisms. Some examples of corner fish tanks are- reef tanks, tropical marine tanks, coldwater marine tanks, etc. It depends upon the type of breeds of fishes you want to keep in your aquarium. As far as the shape of the aquarium is considered, mostly triangular corner fish tanks are preferred by people.
Quality and Filter
The quality of the corner fish tank is a priority because it not only adds to the decor of your house, but it is responsible for the health and wellbeing of your fishes. While choosing the filter for your aquarium, you must keep few things in mind, such as the number of fishes you want to keep, the size of the habitat, and tolerance ranges for these fishes. If the size of your Water fish tank is less than 30 gallons, then it is advised to opt for an internal filter however, in case of larger capacity, use an external filter.
Well, the price is definitely an important factor to consider while choosing a good corner fish tank. Before you start looking for options, first make a clear budget where you get a premium quality product that serves all your purpose without compromising the quality and the wellbeing of your fish. The most budget-friendly aquarium is the 30-gallon tank we just talked about. They are affordable and of good quality at the same time.
Other small factors to keep in mind while selecting the best corner fish tank are – warranty, dimensions, stand, etc.